Candle Warning & Tips
We take pride in our candles, however, it's very important that you burn candles responsibly to ensure your safety. Please follow these tips we have provided for you.
- When using the candles for the first time, burn for at least two hours, or until the entire surface has turned to liquid wax. This will help prolong the life of your candle.
- to maintain an even burn and preserve the life of the candle, we recommend trimming the wick to 1/8” before each lighting.
- Light your candle no longer than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Always keep candles in sight when in use and do not leave a lit candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as furniture, drapes, books, paper, flammable materials, etc.
- Extinguish candles when leaving a room or going to sleep. Make sure the ember is no longer glowing.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room on a stable, heat resistant surface. This can help prevent heat damage to underlying surfaces and prevent glass containers from breaking
- Refrain from burning too many candles in a small room or in a small enclosed space where air exchange is limited.
- Choose an area away from drafts, open air vents or ceiling fans. This will help avoid rapid burning and prevent flare-ups.
- Use caution when handing the candle as the container and wax can become hot when in use and cause burns.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep wax pool free from wick and other debris at all times.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
- Extinguish candle carefully, allow it to cool completely before touching or moving to prevent burns.
- Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn’t burning properly. Cool, align and trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
- Never burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish flame if it comes too close to the container.
- Recommend to use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. Never use water as it can cause wax to splatter or glass to break.